Monday 16 March 2009

Me

This is my first blog, and despite the fact that i've been told that blogging is such a good thing to do, and that my last two girlfriends have both had blogs (that i occasionally read still) and that it would entertain me more than facebook does at the minute, it was a book by Seth Godin that convinced me to take this blogging game up.

I'm sort of in the middle of reading it right now. In fact, i've taken 10 minutes out of reading this book just to make a blog address for myself.. THATS HOW GOOD IT IS! it's about leadership... well at least the first 30 pages are, and how that everyone wants to be in a tribe; a group of people with shared interested or a common goal that could be benefitial. This got me thinking, advertising to young people has gotten harder and harder, with more inventive ways of advertising being thought up everyday... most of which are either being ignored (when was the last time you actually watched an advert on tv and was convinced to buy something??). Companies advertise to crowds... crowds are interesting in their own right, but there is no way to focus them to focus onto what they are being told. Wouldn't it be soooo much easier for them to sell something if they just found the right tribe to sell it too?

So, i'm going to finish this, my first ever blog entry, with this... First of all, read Tribes by Seth Godin... he's such an inspiring man, and secondly, if your reading this and you haven't got a blog of your own I would urge you to try it, you might find that you enjoy it and that you want to write more... I certainly have!

No comments:

Post a Comment